Call 24 Hours in Advance for Reservations: 402-680-3970
The bus service is primarily for the use of the senior citizens and handicapped individuals. These people may have an able-bodied person accompany them at no cost. The Special Services Bus is an "on-demand" transportation service subsidized by the State of Nebraska for the elderly and handicapped residents of Papillion. Service area includes residents inside Papillion city limits and Papillion SID's contiguous to the city limits.
Would you like to share your vocal talents with the community? The Singing Seniors are looking for a few good men and woman to join their group. If you are interested or have questions, please call the Papillion Senior Center.
Tickets can be purchased in advance in the Recreation Department, or a bus fare can be paid each time the bus is used. Tickets are $10.00 and may be purchased from the office or from one of the drivers directly. Bus fare runs $1.00 one way within city limits and $2.00 one way outside city limits.
- 7:45 am-1:30 pm - Medical Appointments in Papillion
- 9:00 am-1:00 pm - Medical appointments in Omaha & surrounding towns
- 9:30 am-10:00 am - Pick up time for those going to the Senior Center (Wed. Only)
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm - Return time for going home from the Senior Center (Wed. Only)
- 8:00 am-1:30 pm - Medical (and other) appointments in Papillion area only
- 8:45 am-9:00 am - Morning Shopping: No Frills, Fareway, Wal-Mart, Kohls, Lowes, Walgreens, Hy-Vee, Shadow Lake, Post Office, Banks & other local shops
- 9:30 am-10:00 am - Pick up time for those going to the Senior Center
- 11:00 am-11:15 am - Pick up morning shoppers to return home
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm - Return time for going home from the Senior Center
- 3:00 pm - Return from afternoon shopping
These times may vary depending on inclement weather and the number of people riding the bus. Please be ready 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time. For those riders needing round trip services, all appointments must be scheduled no later than 2:00 pm.
- Medical appointments take priority when scheduling transportation.
- Permanent transportation to and from work, adult day care facilities or any other permanent transportation arrangement outside Papillion city limits is not allowed. Permanent transportation is defined as regularly scheduled days and times, not related to a medical necessity/appointment.
- Exception: Any medical treatment, such as dialysis, chemotherapy, etc. wherein regular appointments are scheduled is allowed, providing it does not exceed six weeks in duration.
- Trips out of town, in excess of ten (10) miles one way, measured from the center of the city, is not allowed.
- The city reserves the right to charge full client costs for transportation of individuals who are not elderly, handicapped or other certain circumstances, and provided the transportation does not cause an undue hardship on the current operation of the service.
- It is not the responsibility of the drivers to assist patrons on or off the bus, escort patrons into medical or other buildings or assist with packages. However, the drivers do assist if time allows.
- As the holidays approach, we will try and schedule a few shopping trips to various malls in Omaha. Those dates and times will be posted in the bus and announced at the Senior Center.
If you have any questions, problems or suggestions on how to make our service better, please call 402-597-2041.